Profile for cwnation

The Story Continues...

...on facebook.com/cwnation. you would have to create an account at www.facebook.com to follow, but trust me, there is plenty going on....

this site will stay maintained, but there will not be much news here. feel free to search the past if you are feeling nostalgic.

Time Gone by...

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nothing enhances the illustion more than when the first thing the
waiter asks for after he offers you a sample of wine is for your ID.
But that Is not what upset me about dinning here. What really pissed
me off was the manditory gratuity.

Sheila and I went out to eat with her coworkers. It was an
appreciation dinner for all the great stuff sheila and her coworkers
did. Understandably, the spouses had to cover their bill while sheila
and her gang were covered. So we were about 8 people to the table. I
got a separate bill from the rest. Olive garden had the nerve to
charge a 19% tip on my ticket.

Since when did tipping become manditory ? I can understand if the
group of six have a percentage added to the whole ticket, but I was
the only one on my ticket. WTF !? Am I the only one that thinks
something is wrong with that.

Well I emptied my wallet and all I had was enough money to cover my
bill and 10% for the tip. So I figured I split the difference and
leave it at that.

The waiter had the nerves to come up to me and ask for the rest of the
tip. I did not make a scene because I did bot want to embarace sheila
infring of her coworkers

I think I am going to call the olive garden corp office and complain.
Or I'll have jimmy call for me. Maybe I can get a giftcard out of it.

0 comments: