Profile for cwnation

The Story Continues...

...on facebook.com/cwnation. you would have to create an account at www.facebook.com to follow, but trust me, there is plenty going on....

this site will stay maintained, but there will not be much news here. feel free to search the past if you are feeling nostalgic.

Time Gone by...

Friday, January 25, 2008

...to give me an estimate on new windows. Not too bad considering that
I have 10 windows. There is one problem though; home depot will either
remove and dispose of my burgled bars, or I would have to have someone
else remove and reatache the bars. I definetly don't want to loose my
bars, and I don't even want to know how much it is going to cost for
the latter. The home depot guy said that I could save about $20 per
month with new windows. So the windows would have paid for themselves
in 18 years. But new windows would also save the wear and tear of my
cooling and heating system.

so I think I will replace my windows myself. I will first of all
leave the bars up, and install the windows from the inside of the
house. I will remove my exsisting windows by just removing the glass
and leaving the frame in place. Then I will just simply install the
windows directly on to the window sill. I could even install a window
sill the extends out into the room like they have in Germany. That way
I will spend maybe $1500 on my windows, and have it pay for itself in
roughly 6 years.

Dealing with the guy from home depot was very pleasend. The first
thing he said to me was that we have two things in common. First; we
both have white cars. Second; we both have ron Paul bumper stickers on
them. So the bulk his concultarion was about ron Paul.

0 comments: